Liver aids in good digestion, metabolism and thyroid function.
Liver is a large, meaty organ that is on the right side of the belly and protected by the rib cage.
It has as two large sections, called the right and the left lobes. The gallbladder sits under the liver, along with parts of the pancreas and intestines.
All these organs work together to digest, absorb, and process food.
Main function is to filter blood coming from the digestive tract.
It also detoxifies chemicals and metabolizes drugs.
As it deals with multiple poisonous types of compounds, it needs to be detoxified from time to time. Below are foods which aid in cleansing the liver:
1. Water+Lemon+Ginger – Drink early morning to stimulate the liver, as high amounts of vitamin C aids the body in neutralizing toxic chemicals so that they can be absorbed by water.
2. Carrot+Beet – Extremely high in plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene. Improves overall liver function.
3. Turmeric – Helps boost liver detox, by assisting enzymes that actively flush out dietary carcinogens.
4. Green Tea – Full of plant antioxidants known as catechins, a compound known to assist liver function
5. Cruciferous Vegetables – Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage increase the amount of glucosinolate in body, helping with enzyme production in the liver. They help flush out carcinogens, and other toxins, out of our body which may significantly lower risks associated with cancer.
6. Avocadoes – Nutrient Dense food produces glutathione, a compound that is necessary for the liver to cleanse harmful toxins.
7. Leafy Green – Extremely high in plant chlorophylls, greens suck up environmental toxins, neutralizes heavy metals, chemicals and pesticides, these cleansing foods offer a powerful protective mechanism for the liver.
8. Walnuts – High amounts of the amino acid arginine, glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids support normal liver cleansing actions.