There are numerous anti-ageing creams, vitamin-C supplements, iron supplements, cold tablets, cholesterol lowering antibiotics and insulin regulators. Each of them have their own side-effects.
What if there is one fruit which has the properties of all these individual supplements, yet has no negative side-effects ?
Yes, this is Amla in short.
445mg of Vitamin-C is present for 100g of Amala. Daily requirements is around 100mg/day .
Benefits of Amala:
1. Protects Immune System – Excellent Vitamin-C source – 20 times that of an Orange. Protects from colds, enhance immune system.
2. Protects from Diabetes – Contains Polyphenols and rich in Tanins which prevent oxidation of free radicals . The polyphenols actually has properties that can protect the body from the oxidative properties of high blood sugar. The same compound is also effective in preventing the insulin resistance caused due to a high fructose diet. Assists in the proper absorption of insulin leading to a drop in blood sugar in diabetics.
3. Protects Skin – The extract of amla is rich in Vitamin A. This vitamin is essential in collagen production, a compound that keeps the skin looking young and elastic.
4. Protects Heart – Rich in fibre and iron, it is very effective in controlling the oxidation of LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein). Oxidation of LDL releases free radicals which are known to cause coronary artery disease, therefore stopping this oxidation is essential for preventing heart disease.
5. Protects Liver – Regular υѕе οf pain killers, antibiotics аnd medication, regular intake οf alcohol, аll cause toxin build-up іn thе liver. Amla helps strengthen thе liver, аnd rid thе body οf thеѕе toxins. It thus helps purify аnd сlеаn thе blood.
6. Protects Gastric System – The fiber, polyphenol and water content of amla combined with its anti inflammatory properties make it a great antidote for an upset stomach.
7. Improves Sex Life – Amla juice once a day helps increase the virility as well as sexual vigour. Amla has also proven to increase the motility of sperm and increase sperm production in men suffering from Oligospermia